Wednesday 11 March 2015

ASBCI 'Careers in Fashion' Conference



Today I attended the Association of Suppliers to the British Clothing Industry (ASBCI) conference. The theme for the conference was 'Careers in Fashion'. The conference was an insight to the various careers available to people wanting to work within the fashion industry.

The conference was held at the University of Leeds. I love being able to attend events like this were I get to have an insight into the industry I'm so passionate about and learn from experts in various fields. With members of the Association including Asos.com, Next, Burberry, George and many many more I feel privileged to be able to have the opportunity to attend. 

This was my second ASBCI conference I have attended with my first being held at my own university. The University of Huddersfield. That was an amazing event and I knew that this one wouldn't disappoint. 

With pages and pages of notes typed up as the talks were going on I knew that these would be invaluable things to be noting and learning. I've learnt about the process's involved during design and garment manufacture, the risks, how to find the roles your looking for, about various roles in the industry and much more! 

Each delegate also got a pack! We all love freebies right? The pack contained the agenda for the day, the speakers profiles, hand outs from Planet Personnel about CV's, a ASBCI branded note pad and USB, a 'Caring For Your Clothes' technical booklet which is available to buy from their website and the ASBCI 2015 Year Book, which is £25 where sold but free for members! This book talks us through the major points in the year for the Association. It shows what work the Association undertakes and what their next steps are to continue making their members happy. 

After feeling inspired now to make my impact on the fashion industry I better get to that sewing machine! 

ASBCI Website: www.asbci.co.uk 

No comments:

Post a Comment