Wednesday 29 April 2015

A Dairy Piece

Hello! 

I thought it time to have a little reflect on how things are at the minute with the brand and see where I'm at on a personal level as well as a professional level. 

I've been a busy bee of late trying to sort new customer orders out which are all very exciting along with liaising with new customers that I will be working with in the pipe line. Though out this experience I am learning how to get things organised and how to simply be some what a businessman. I always like to sit and have a moment where I'm thankful for all that I have. The support, the connections and the opportunities that have come and will be coming my way. 

At 20 years old I never thought I would own my own business and would be dealing with various customers, writing for a magazine and dealing with a Spring and Summer campaign (coming soon!). If I had told a 15 year old me that all of this would happen I would have simply laughed in my own face and told myself to stop dreaming. Told myself that these things happen when your 30+ not 20. But look! 

It's thank to the connections I've made and the opportunities that these people have given me that I was able to start this journey and start the birth of a new icon of fashion. This blog does act as a diary of sorts. It acts as a vent for me and gives you the chance to see what it's like to own a small business in fashion, what goes on and how it feels. I'm not going to lie and say that it' all glitz and glamour because it definitely isn't at all. Even on the small scale. Its hard. Very. It's all calls, emails and messages between customers, sorting fabric sources and then finally getting to create the clothing. Then praying that the customers loves the item that all your blood, sweat and tears have gone into over a number of days or sometimes weeks. 

I'm in the process of finalising my next project which will be my first campaign shoot! The first photoshoot with my own connections helping out. Each having their own businesses that we will all benefit from with this project. It's stressful and it's hard with it being a one man band type set up but it's all good. All icons had to be stressed to be great right? 

No comments:

Post a Comment