Monday 17 June 2013

Graduate Fashion Week

Last week was Graduate Fashion Week and it was my very first time attending the event! I was able to attend the event, held at Earls Court 2, for free with my student card and I also purchased a ticket for the Birmingham show. 

London has become on of my favourite places and will now find any excuse to go  again and again so when the opportunity to go Graduate Fashion Week came up I jumped at the chance. With the student budget in mind I searched cheap deals for the day. I was able to travel there and back for just £12 thanks to Megabus and thanks to the timings of the bus I got a full day in London. I started off by having a walk around London Piccadilly, Regent Street, Oxford Street, Buckingham Palace and Marble Arch where I also had dinner. Amazing start. 

I then made my way to fashion week. As soon as I walked up to the Earls Court 2 I knew I was in the right place. People dressed up to the nines and quirky, edgy fashion was everywhere. Some were just too much for me. The exhibition was stunning. Free newspapers, booklets etc where everywhere along with huge stalls for each major university showcasing their best work. 

The show was stunning. It featured men's wear, women's wear, casual wear,  formal wear and even lingerie! Each students collection was unique and completely different to the last. I really enjoyed watching my first fashion week show. I can't wait for next year!
 
It was really inspiring to see what other students have created an how their sketchbooks look like. I got loads of new ideas and even developed a new style of sketchbook layout. I even treated myself to two books which were being sold on stalls where there was 75% off the original prices! This meant that I bought a book on fashion illustration an a book on CAD, each had original prices of £69, I bought them for £37 each! Bargain! They are probably the best books ill ever buy. 

I think it's fair to say I loved the event. I would definitely love to go next year and maybe even go for more than one day and see more shows. I can't wait!!  









No comments:

Post a Comment