Thursday 15 January 2015

I'll Call It The Development Year

Its January and I think this year is off to a great start. So far this month I've had a magazine column launch, JCI work gone fantastically well and then my business slowly growing.

This year I want my brand to really develop. 2014 was the year that I like to think off as being the practise run. The rehearsal. This year I want to really work on promoting designs, garments and everything in between to do with my brand. I want to see my brand being worn at events and see my client base grow.

This morning I came up with my brands vision and mission.

Vision: To be a leading luxury fashion label
Mission: To provide quality, bespoke fashion for women

As I practice my craft, including illustrations and garment manufacture I'm seeing a development. I've just finished doing two fashion illustrations. This has seen my illustration style develop further and become more focused on a certain style. The way I use media grow further and become stronger. Thanks to my past orders I've seen my manufacture skills from with the last garment I made for a client being the best garment I've ever made.

I want to see each garment look exactly like what I designed and see the client happy and confident in it. I want to build a reputation for my brand. A reputation that will surely grow and grow for years to come. This is just the beginning. As garments rebelling designed I'm seeing fabrics that suit them. Having them washed and ready for manufacture and being eager to start sewing. I can't wait to see a certain garment order I have for February being worn. The fabric I found by chance at a John Lewis store in Sheffield. Development of my knowledge of fabrics, what works and what doesn't for certain designs.

With connections growing and my confidence growing I can't wait to see what my brand grow this year. Bring on 2015!

This will be the year of Ryan Pilkington.
Be sure to like my page on Facebook! (please!)

https://www.facebook.com/RPilkingtonDesign





No comments:

Post a Comment